Sunday 29 April 2012

Helping Abaqus Find a Converged Solution


Understand the physics of the problem:
  • It is vital to understand the physics behind any problem. For example:
·         How does the actual structure behave for the applied loading
·         How is the structure constrained at different locations
·         How are the different components connected to each other
·         What is the nature of the loads acting on the structure
  • We make many assumptions and approximations in any analysis, which have to be reasonable and justifiable. For example:
·         Is the chosen material model appropriate?
·         Are the element types properly chosen
·         Is the mesh size appropriate
·         Is contact properly defined (choice sliding algorithm, friction coefficient, surface behavior etc.)
Build up the model slowly:
  •  The most important way to help Abaqus find a converged solution is to build up the model piece by piece
·         Do not put every complexity and detail directly in the first attempt-it probably will not work
  • Start with the simplest model possible-perhaps one with contact but no plasticity, friction, or nonlinear geometry-this would give valuable insight into how the model behaves
  • Add complexities (friction or plasticity) one at a time. Doing this will limit the number of questions to consider if a convergence problem arises.
  • Although it might seem as if this process will increase the time needed to perform the analysis, in fact it often reduces the time because debugging a large model with convergence problems can take days or weeks.
Provide reasonable values:
  •  Make sure that the units of the material properties (especially density) are consistent with the geometry and loads in the model.
  • Make sure that the material properties provide sufficient stiffness to resist the applied loads, or plan accordingly and use the appropriate analysis techniques.
  • Give reasonable values for the minimum increment size and the maximum increment size (or use the defaults).
  • Use the message file or job diagnostics to identify the proper cause(s) for nonconvergence

2 comments:

  1. As an ICU nurse, of an amazing 38yrs long career bearing witness to God's great love for us, I know what a medical miracle is!
    The first time that I saw an HIV patient cured with African herbs prepared by Dr. Utu Herbal Cure was in my 20th year of a nursing career, I felt God's presence with humans. He guides those he has chosen to live. I am a complete believer in God and I can testify he is so wonderful that he has given us all it takes to survive and save our surroundings!
    I have recommended DR UTU HERBAL CURE to many HERPES VIRUS patients, PSORIASIS patients, and many others who have come to me for remedy and they ALL testified to have been permanently cured.
    DR UTU can still be reached today solely on drutuherbalcure@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was depressed when doctor told me that I have been diagnosed with Herpes disease… I thought about my Family, I know my Family will face a serious problem when I'm gone, I lost hope and I wept all day, but one day I was searching the internet I found Dr.ezomo contact number. +2349056460552   I called him and he guided me. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, now everything is fine, I'm cured by Dr.ezomo herbal medicine, I'm very thankful to Dr.ezomo and very happy with my hubby and family. email him on dr.ezomorootandherbals@gmail.com or you can also reach him through WhatsApp number ‪+2349056460552He can also cure so many sickness{1}HIV And AIDS {2}Diabetes{3}Epilepsy {4}Blood Cancer {5}HPV {7}ALS {8}Hepatitis


    ReplyDelete